Thursday, November 12, 2009
Jacket Potato with Bacon, Mushrooms & Peppercorn Sauce
Made this recipe for Jacket Potato with Bacon, Mushrooms & Peppercorn Sauce. I followed the recipe exactly except that I left out the green peppercorns. Overall I did not like the recipe. Normally I like alcohol in cooking, but I did not like the flavor the brandy gave it. Also, igniting the brandy was pretty darn scary. Also, the directions did not say to drain off the grease before adding the brandy, but I did because obviously grease is flammable! Also if you don't drain off the grease then the amount of fat in this would be insane. It's bad enough as it is! I just found this way too heavy. Normally I like Paula's recipes but this time I didn't think the taste was worth the calorie count.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Yesterday I made some fresh salsa, and it came out amazing, thanks to this big box of very ripe homegrown tomatoes given to us. The salsa wa...
-
Yesterday I made this recipe for Vidalio Onion Pie. I got it out of the America's Best Lost Recipes cookbook . This was incredible and I...
-
I love corn on the cob, I've making it almost every week here. The last time I made it however, I let it cook a little longer than norma...
No comments:
Post a Comment